Senior Mine Geologist
Gold Fields Australia Pty Limited
Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking a Senior Geologist: Mining to join their Mineral Resource Management team at Granny Smith Gold Mine.
Reporting to the Superintendent: Mine Geology, you will be responsible for facilitating the optimal production of gold ore from mining operations through the coordination of geological activities to ensure maximum return to the business in alignment with EHS standards.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off Fly in Fly out roster from Perth.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times
- Coordinate the activities of the geological team and contractors in carrying out the daily work plan and ensure that their activities are consistently aligned with meeting operational targets
- Contribute to the achievement of planned production and safety targets by assisting in the provision of accurate and predictive geological models and information within required timeframes
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of reconciliation systems (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) for managing grade control to minimise dilution and maximise recovery
- Contribute to the definition; implementation and monitoring of short, medium and long-term mines based exploration programs to extend the Life of Mine (LOM) and increase reserves and resources
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the adherence to systems to ensure application of all critical geology mapping, reporting and data acquisition as well as storage and retrieval systems
- Contribute to increasing the overall Resource/Reserve base by applying existing and acquired knowledge and best practice to reduce geological risk and increase model accuracy
- Ensure the integrity of geological data collection and reporting within agreed timeframes and consistently aim to exceed reporting standards with completed geological interpretation and models
Key factors to your success include;
- Degree in Geology or a related discipline
- Supervisory/Management Training
- 5 years mining industry experience – preferably gold – with exposure to mine geology, resource and grade control estimation and extensional exploration
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and mining software such as Datamine
- Experience using PitRam will be beneficial
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.goldfields.com.au →
Sorry - Comments are closed